Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Oops...

Okay, so I thought I posted this on here a long time ago, but evidently not. Anyway, here it is...

It’s kind of strange how the reader can be so opposed to what a character is doing, but still in some ways sympathize with him. Because on one hand, I want to see Light escape L. But on the other hand, I want L to catch Light. Weird. I mean, I strongly dislike Light because of all the reasons I ranted about in the previous post. And L has enough similarities to Light that it wouldn’t be much of a stretch for me to imagine disliking him in the future. But there’s still a quality about them that makes me care about what the outcome of their plight is. I guess what I ultimately want to happen is for Light to come to his senses, whether that means getting caught or not. I think he has potential. Which is more than he would probably say for someone such as himself, right?

No comments: