Friday, April 4, 2008

Fun Home

*Note* This post was written a while ago, and I never got around to actually posting it. So, it no longer accurately depicts my opinion of Fun Home, but I figured I’d post it anyway that way the arc of my thought process, if you will, will be documented.

A while ago, I commented on here that we hadn’t yet read a book that I dislike. Now, we have. That’s not to say that I loathed the experience of reading Fun Home. But I agree with the discussion on Blackboard that this probably would have translated better as a nonfiction prose piece, without the pictures. The literary references threw me off some too, but I’ll go into that later. I don’t know, I guess I just didn’t like the way she wrote it. Maybe I just don’t like autobiographies. I don’t think I’ve read all that many, and it’s a different style to get used to. I guess I’ll wait and see what people say in class before I form anything concrete.

No comments: