Saturday, April 12, 2008

Watchmen

*Again, this was written a few days ago, but was never posted. It would really be easier to use this thing if I didn’t have to write my posts in Word first so the formatting doesn’t get messed up.*

So, I started Watchmen, and holy eff is it dense. I’m only on the 2nd chapter and it’s a fight to get through this thing. That being said, I can tell it’s going to be intense and poignant, so I’m sure it’s worth the struggle. I’m a little confused about the prose section at the end of the chapter(s), but I’m assuming that will make more sense the farther I get into the text. I feel like the artwork does a lot in this book; if the artwork wasn’t this good, I’m not sure I’d be able to push myself to keep reading through the rest of it. But there are a lot of intense images like the one on the bottom of page 3, and he plays a lot with light and pays attention to small details.

...and now I have to go finish it, I suppose. Here’s to a few long nights of sugar and caffeine.

No comments: