Sunday, January 27, 2008

intro post

Well.  This week has been a hassle.  Firstly, I didn't realize until this morning that we have to do 3 posts on here as well as on Blackboard per week.  So, here I go doing all 3 in one day.  Woot.  

Secondly, I haven't received my copy of Tales from the Farm yet.  Awesome.  Luckily, Rebecca was able to let me borrow her copy (huge thanks to her!), but not until this afternoon, so I'll have to collect my thoughts on that rather quickly.  

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  This is only my first entry.  So I should probably do some sort of introduction or something.  

Well, I'm very new to the world of comics.  As I said on Blackboard, I'm kind of doing things backward, in that I decided to write one before I'd ever even read one.  Strange, I know, but my brother is very persuasive and once I did start reading them, I was fascinated by the style of storytelling.  So far, I've only read a few (incomplete) fantasy series - Battle Chasers, Telos, Soul Saga, and I just opened a Warlands: Banished Knights issue.  Out of those, I've most enjoyed Battle Chasers and Soul Saga, both of which I'm pretty sure my brother told me were left hanging by the authors, which sucks.  

In any case, I'm really excited to be in this class and get the opportunity to immerse myself in the world of comics and read as much as I can, especially branching out into different genres.  I had an awesome time in class - Dan and the other students all seem very enthusiastic about the topic, and I'm glad I'm not the only novice in there.  I'm excited for next class, which doesn't usually happen for me unless it's a class directly related to my major.  So I guess that's saying something, huh?

No comments: